Coaching and Mentoring
The Worshipful Company of Nurses provides free access to experienced coaches and mentors for its Liverymen, Freemen and Apprentices, as part of its Education and Professional Development work. Coaching and mentoring complement the range of activities that the Education and Professional Development Committee offer in its busy programme. These interventions will be particularly helpful to members who wish to:
- Develop their interpersonal skills
- Seek career support and develop professional potential
- Develop a strategic perspective in preparation for, or following promotion to a more senior role
- Deal with conflict situations
- Deal with the impact of change or a disorienting dilemma
- Experience a smooth transition to practice or return to practice. This might also be useful for individuals following maternity leave, a break in service or undergoing revalidation for the first time
The scheme is run by experienced coaches and mentors from within the Worshipful Company’s membership. It provides a bespoke and personal confidential service to individuals that may not be available in their workplace or through academic institutions. It is grounded in a process of transformative rather than transactional learning, with the coachee/mentee having time to explore perspectives and learn and grow organically (Mezirow, 1991; Mezirow, Taylor and Associates, 2009).
If you feel that coaching or mentorship could help you please complete this application form here [pdf] [Word] and take a look at the coaching and mentoring agreement here [pdf] [Word] to understand more about the process. There is a document here which outlines the differences between mentoring and coaching to help guide your decision as to the arrangement you require.
Are you a qualified mentor or coach?
There is an ongoing call for expressions of interest from qualified mentors and coaches from amongst our Freemen to increase capacity in the delivery team.
A register of coaches and mentors is managed by the Education and Professional Development Committee.
If you wish to register yourself as a coach or mentor please get in touch by email to email@example.com . Please also provide a short (no more than 200 word) synopsis of your qualifications and experience to date.