If you would like to leave a legacy in your Will, your solicitor will be able to advise you as to the most appropriate way to do so, taking into account your personal circumstances.
If you are preparing a new Will there are four common types of legacy that you can use to leave a gift.
- a residuary gift – this is a gift of your remaining estate after the payment of all liabilities (including cash and specific gifts).
- a cash or pecuniary gift – this is a gift of a specific amount of cash.
- a specific gift – this is an item, such as property, vehicle, painting, furniture or jewellery.
- a reversionary gift – a common reversionary gift is one which follows a life interest trust, for example, you leave your estate on trust for your spouse during their lifetime and then on your spouse’s death your estate passes according to your Will.
If you have already made a Will, you may be able to make a gift to The Company of Nurses Charitable Trust by means of a Codicil or a Letter of Wishes. You will require the following details:
- Charity Name: Company of Nurses Charitable Trust
- Charity Address: Apothecaries' Hall, Black Friars Lane, London EC4V 6EJ
- Registered Charity Number: 1170982
Gifts to charity are exempt for inheritance tax and so may reduce any inheritance tax liability.
We do appreciate that writing or amending a Will is a very private and delicate matter. However, if you would like to discuss this further, please do contact us in confidence by writing to The Secretary to the Trustees, The Company of Nurses Charitable Trust, c/o The Company of Nurses, Apothecaries’ Hall, Black Friars Lane, London EC4V 6EJ or by email firstname.lastname@example.org